Here’s a few fun, interesting and silly facts that you won’t find on my About page:
- I started doing yoga with a video. I bought a Bryan Kest Power Yoga video on Amazon after reading Madonna did Power Yoga.
- I’ve always wanted arms like Madonna.
- Yoga keeps me sane. I do it every day.
- I hated pilates. I thought it was boring. That was until I discovered Reformer Pilates and Polestar (I love a good mat class too).
- I opened my yoga and pilates studio, Yoganic in Willoughby, Sydney on November 1, 2009. I often referred to it as my first born.
- I won 2nd place for the business plan I wrote for Yoganic. But it took me 6 years to find the money and the confidence to put the plan into action.
- I love old school aerobics. I did Aerobics Oz Style in front of the TV after school and wanted to become an aerobics instructor when I grew up but I couldn’t count the beat (and still can’t).
- I was very shy as a kid. Not sure how I ended up wearing lycra and teaching yoga and pilates!
- I lived and worked in a bar on Hamilton Island for a year. After work I drank cocktails and danced until dawn and spent the days sun baking whilst nursing a hangover.
- I speak Japanese. After graduating from Wollongong Uni with a BA (Japanese) I went to live in Hokkaido, Japan where I taught English for 2 years.
- I worked in Advertising for a year and hated it. I read self- help books such as, “What colour is your parachute?” and “Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway” before having an A-HA moment that I wanted to become a kids yoga teacher.
- Being hit by a taxi as I was walking across a pedestrian crossing changed the trajectory of my life. I quit my job in advertising and became a yoga teacher.
- I was a vegetarian for 20 years until my Naturopath told me I needed to incorporate nutrient dense animal food into my diet to enhance my fertility.
- I love creating menu plans, shopping at the farmers markets and making meals from scratch.
- I love baking. Especially cookies. One of my fondest memories of childhood is coming home from school to freshly baked cookies and cakes for afternoon tea.
- I have FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) when it comes to food. I need to know where and when my next good meal is coming from.
- I had 2 miscarriages before my rainbow child Banjo.
- I conceived naturally at 40.
- I suffered postnatal anxiety. I did a Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course to manage it.
- Becoming a mama changed my priorities. After 8.5 years I sold Yoganic and moved to Milton on the NSW South Coast with my family.
- Juggling a baby and a business is the most challenging thing I’ve ever done.
- I LOVE breastfeeding. I really didn’t think I would. And after 3 years we’re still going strong.
- I love being a mama more than anything in the whole wide world,
Now you’re turn! So we can get to know one another a little better, let me know one thing about you in the COMMENTS below.
Are you pregnant? Get your free Guided Deep Relaxation (Yoga Nidra). Fill in your details HERE and I’ll send it to your inbox for you to download.