The Mamas Circle
A mini retreat experience for mamas who feel exhausted, overwhelmed and stressed and instead want to feel energised, calm and relaxed.
Our mini retreat is held in circle, giving you an opportunity to hear and be heard, see and be seen, explore and enquire and then recharge with yin and restorative yoga, yoga nidra (deep relaxation) and mini meditations.
What To Expect
Each month around the new moon, we’ll gather to explore a different theme that’ll help you to reconnect to yourself, nourish your mind and body and connect with like- minded women.
Please stay after our circle closes for tea, treats and nourishing conversation with like- minded mamas.
Sitting in circle is an ancient tool that women have used for wellbeing since the dawn of time. You're invited to experience the magic of women coming together with a shared intention to celebrate each other and experience something deeply powerful and invigorating for the heart and soul.
Benefits of The Mamas Circle
- Sitting in Circle with other mamas, listening to their stories, helps you connect and realise you’re not alone.
- Sharing from our hearts, we get to share in the celebration of our successes and honour each other’s challenges and struggles.
- Showing up and connecting with other local mamas prevents loneliness and isolation.
- Friendships can be established or deepened within circle, with women you would never cross paths with, or think that you would have anything in common.
- Sitting in circle with women boosts oxytocin- a hormone responsible for reducing stress and overwhelm (and producing breast milk and bonding with your baby).
- Connection and Relaxation improves your mood and decreases the likelihood of postpartum mood disorders.
- Yin and Restorative Yoga soothe your nervous system and promote relaxation.
- Yoga Nidra has the same benefit as 3 hours sleep.
- Meditation calms your mind and reduces anxiety.
Melissa Field is a Mother, Certified Circle Facilitator, Postpartum Doula and Pre and Postnatal Yoga and Pilates specialist with 16 years experience. She is excited about sharing this unique offering with women in the Shoalhaven.
mamas with children 0- 3 years with or without yoga and meditation experience.
For the ultimate act of self care, please leave your babes with a loved one.
When: Saturdays 2- 4pm
Who’s this class for?
Mamas with children 0- 5 with or without yoga and meditation experience.
When can I start?
Every mama is different so start when you feel ready which is usually around 6-8 weeks once breast milk supply is established and regulated and you’ve stopped bleeding. I recommend a postnatal check- up with a Women’s Health Physio before you recommence any exercise to check your abdominal separation and pelvic floor. The stretching we do in The Mamas Circle is very safe and gentle and you won’t do any poses that aren’t suitable for your postpartum body.
Do I need to book online or can I just show up?
As spaces are limited, it’s best to book online but if there is space available on the day, you can pay on arrival.
Can I get a refund or transfer my spot to the next circle?
Unfortunately I’m unable to refund you for missed sessions so unless you’re unwell, do your best to come along. Transfers may be possible under special circumstances.
What do I need to bring?
You’re welcome to use all our beautiful eco- yoga props so just bring a journal or notebook and pen.
What do I wear?
Clothes that are stretchy, comfy and make you feel good. Layering is best in case you get hot or cold. No shoes or socks are necessary.
Got more questions?
Call Me (Melissa): 0452 580 005 or email me: email@example.com
From Mamatoto Blog
So you’ve been enjoying your online prenatal yoga and pilates classes and you’re hooked. You’ve realised how much more convenient it is to do classes online rather than go to the studio. You might be considering investing in some props but you’re not sure where to...
Social isolation doesn’t mean you can’t have the Mother Blessing you dreamt of. Thanks to the power of technology, you can gather your closest family and best girl friends for a Virtual Mother Blessing. A Mother Blessing is similar to a baby shower but instead of the...
“It all begins and ends in your mind. What you give power to, has power over you, if you allow it” No doubt you’re grieving at the moment for the baby shower you can’t have, the babymoon you can’t go on, the face to face birth education classes you planned to do with...